Tuesday, May 2, 2017

   Student success statement

    “I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor’ I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but I stand me on the floor and draw a chalk around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No,never! I’d die first”.                                                                 Karl G. Maeser

    I strongly agree with him because if you don't stick to your word what kind of person are you. He is saying that you must always stick to what you promised and to never break it. I remember sticking to what I said when I was 11, I promised my little sister that I would help her with her homework. If you don't keep your promise then you are a horrible person. You must keep your promise even if you have to make some sacrifices. The only time you should ever break your promise is if is a severe consequence. For example if someone died in your family and you have to attend their funeral yet you promised someone say help them out with something I believe that the only opportunity when you have to break their promise. One way you can make up for it is scheduling a date on when you can help them in any way. I wonder how did a fine person like Karl G Maeser come up with such a great quote. I believe people should listen to this quote and see if it inspires them to do so. I will implement this in everyday life in stick to my word whenever I need to. I am very happy that I was introduced to this quote and to Karl G Maeser. This ends my student success statement on the fine quote of Karl G. Maeser.

Image result for karl g maeser

No comments:

Post a Comment